Friday, September 24, 2010

Jab We Met


This was a movie which had me on the edge of my seat with laughter as well as tears. While watching the film I wondered how a person who hasn’t even met me, let alone spoken to me before in my life, could've ever known the girl deep down within me and translated it into the character Geet, played by Kareena Kapoor. The absolute genius being Imtiaz Ali, who's first attempt was the movie Jab We Met which he struck gold by hitting the hearts of millions everywhere.


The duo have recreated and brought to life a character Geet that brings us face to face with ourselves and what we could be missing out on. An unforgettable performance given by Kareena for which she received several accolades. Obviously we can’t forget the super sweet, Shahid Kapoor, who was completely overpowered by Kareena's performance but held his ground much the same.


Honestly, I don’t think that the Kareena-Shahid Jodi breaking up had any relation to this movie i.e. it was completely immaterial. It did not make the movie more or less enjoyable after knowing this fact. Still the media being the media had to blow it out of proportion making it sensational news at the time.

My favorite song from the film is definitely Mauja Hi Mauja because it’s upbeat and funky.
The movie managed to make me laugh, cry and ‘aww’ every time I watched this film and I say that after having seen it more than 10 times but guess what, I'm still not bored of it which is why this movie makes it to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment