Friday, September 24, 2010

Anastasia


A lot of people don’t really know about this movie. An animated film made by 20th Century Fox with the voices of Meg Ryan and John Cusack as the leads. It was my favourite movie of all time. Set in the time of the 1910s, the movie revolves around the Romanov rule and how that is lost because of an evil curse. Anastasia, the smallest in the family, is left behind while the rest of her family is either killed or escaping.

As the film unfolds Anya (Anastasia), who has forgotten all about her past, is helped by Demitri and Vladimir, two conmen, to find her grandmother and re-unite the family together. Seeing that movie as an 8 year old, I remember thinking that the movie had absolutely everything, right from an amazing story, wonderful characters, beautiful songs and perfect music.

Not only that, but I had actually developed my first crush on Demitri, who was everything I had ever wanted (yes, I know! What was I thinking right! He’s animated!) Smart, funny, soft-hearted. In the movie, he was truly Anya’s perfect match. 


Songs that really caught my attention, that I know by heart even today and that I like hearing every now and then are Journey to my Past, Once Upon a December and At the Beginning! I even sung  At the Beginning With You in my school choir! It is a song that is very close to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment